Friday, April 20, 2012

Anywhere For You

I've mentioned a few times before that I plan on traveling to Europe to see the boys for the upcoming leg of the NKOTBSB tour. Well, I'm actually doing it. In just a few hours I'll be flying across the Atlantic Ocean for a two week trip to Italy and Switzerland. I'm giving myself a very generous birthday present and will be seeing NKOTBSB perform in Geneva, Switzerland with a Platinum VIP. Heck, if Im flying over to Europe to see them, you bet I'm going to do a VIP as well. I'm so excited because I am in need of a Backstreet fix big time. I'm also excited to see them perform in a different country. It'll be neat to see how the concert experience differs from your typical American concert, if at all.

I still can't believe I'm doing this trip. It made me realize just how much traveling I've done in the past 2 years to see BSB and its so fantastic. They've given me an excuse to travel and see places I would normally otherwise go to.  In just the past two years I've seen at least one member of BSB in Washington DC, Baltimore, Nashville, Boston, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Hershey, Miami, Key West, Cozumel, Nassau, and soon to add Geneva. And then I can add a whole slew of other places I've visited to see BSB friends. I suppose some could view this list as sad, but it really excites me.

Now I've endured my fair share of teasing for all of this travel. Most non-BSB friends think I'm crazy and just going to all these different cities/countries solely to see the Backstreet Boys. That is definitely not the case! I'm able to visit friends, sight see, and experience each city for what it is. The boys are just an excuse to go. But its gotten to the point where most of non-BSB friends have caught on and anytime I tell them I'm going out of town they'll ask if its to see the Backstreet Boys. 9 out of 10 times, the answer is yes. Sad but true.

Anyway, I better wrap this post up so I don't miss my flight. I'll be back in the states on May 5th, so don't expect any updates to the blog until I'm back. And don't worry, I'll update you on my trip and the inevitable Backstreet misadventures I'll have. Eeek so excited!

2 comments:

  1. i cant believe its here already!!!...ill see you in geneva!!! woohoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy and excited for you!! I hope you have a blast and enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete