Sunday, September 25, 2011

What to Expect- Concert

I was debating if I should even do a post on this because there really isn’t that much of a difference between a regular concert and the concert on the ship. But humor me here as I still go ahead and ramble about the cruise concert for another 5 paragraphs.

Last cruise the concert formula was:  This is Us show + I Still – Backup Dancers + a Fan Proposal = Fantastic show as always. I thought the boys did a great job seeing as how it was their first performance on the high seas. They tried to warn us if they messed up it was due to the waves.

This is Us Concert On Board the Destiny

What will be different this year is that they will have to do two different concerts. Unless of course they decided to do a mega concert on the beach or lido deck instead. Or perhaps do multiple concerts if we’re uber lucky. The other thing that I think is on everyone’s mind- what concert are they going to do? They just came off the NKOTBSB tour, but I don’t see how they could bring that tour to a ship. Obviously they would be missing 5 guys, but even if they just took their portion of the show, I still think it would take a lot of work to adapt their choreography to a completely different stage setup since there would be no room for a penis stage.

There are rumors flying around that they would do an acoustic show on board. I’m torn on this. I would love an acoustic show because its something you don’t get to see very often. And the last acoustic show I went to in Miami I absolutely loved! But part of the reason I think I enjoyed it so much was due to how intimate it was and the fact that the boys did Q&A throughout.  I doubt they would do that on the cruise if they still have a separate Q&A session. The only reason I would be slightly disappointed with an acoustic show because there is nothing like seeing one of their live high-energy stage shows. I want that adrenaline rush!

There are also rumors that the fans may get to pick some of the songs they sing. I would be so thrilled if they let us do this. We may not all agree on exactly which songs we DO want to hear, but it seems most cruisers agree on which songs they DON’T want to hear- mainly being their singles, which we’ve all heard countless times. As much as I would enjoy this approach, I don’t know how effective it would be because our boys  seem to have a little trouble remembering lyrics to some of their songs.

Just for grins, I decided to come up with my dream set list just in case Rose Tours emails us with some crazy contest that one fan can pick the set list. I know this will never happen, but you’ve been humoring me the whole post, so bear with me a little while longer.

My Dream Set List (In no particular order)

  • Poster Girl
  • Don’t Want You Back (Millennium version with the poles)
  • Shining Star
  • Get Another Boyfriend
  • The Answer to our Life (I haven’t heard this in a while and would love to hear it in concert again)
  • Back to Your Heart (Such a pretty song. Though we’d need to bring Kev back for this performance)
  • Climbing the Walls
  • Everybody (One of their few classics that I don’t seem to get sick of hearing in concert. Nothing gets me more pumped than when they sing “Backstreets Back Alright!” )
  • If I Knew Then
  • Incomplete (Love AJs part in this song so I had to put it in there)
  • Song for the Unloved (Such a pretty song; I don’t think this needs any further explanation)
  • Love Is
  • The One (Another one of my all time favorites)
  • Set it Off  (I think this would be a fun one live)
  • Something that I Already Know (Because I felt jipped they didn’t put it in the Unbreakable tour!)
  • Treat me Right
  • Solos
    • AJ- London (Unless this is your first visit to my blog, you already know that I would  practically give up my first unborn child to hear AJ sing this live. I really have an unhealthy obsession with this song)
    • Nick- I Got You & Burning Up (I couldn’t pick my favorite Nick song, maybe he could do some sort of mashup even though those two really don’t go together at all)
    • Brian- Welcome Home
    • Howie- 100 Kisses

Okay, I got way off track there. But at this point we have nothing confirmed on what concert they will be doing.  But I know I’ll be happy with anything they come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment