Saturday, October 23, 2010

Update from the Destiny: Engines Down!

I spoke to my brother earlier today and apparently an engine or something broke last night at 8pm. It caused massive delays for the cruise this morning. While they were supposed to get in around 7 am, the passengers did not get off until noon. So you can imagine everyone's flights got messed and they were scrambling this morning trying to get flights reschedule. Not to mention the next cruise was very late embarking.

At this point, he doesn't know yet what is going to happen. He said the ship was still moving but at half speed so he anticipates the next cruise to have itinerary changes. He also speculated that if they cant fix it, they may need to cancel a cruise and drydock for repairs. But again, this is just his speculation, and he is by no means an engineer. I just hope everything gets resolved before December 9th! I will keep you posted as I hear more.

No comments:

Post a Comment