Sunday, November 7, 2010

Half vs Full Charter

At first I didn’t know what to make of the Backstreet Boys doing a half charter cruise, as opposed to a full charter. I suppose there are pros and cons to each type of cruise. Yeah it would be pretty cool if everyone on that ship was there for the Backstreet Boys, but I think the half charter will be a lot better than we anticipate. For one, there will be that many less people there to see the Backstreet Boys, thus increasing your chances of running into them. With less BSB fans, that also means the events will be less crowded. So we’ll get slightly more breathing room and can get that much closer to the stage. I’m also hoping we may get more BSB events, since all the activities will not have to be done twice to accommodate a larger group. I also realized that we get more options for activities provided by Carnival. Since half of the ship will be there expecting a regular cruise, they will have to provide all the activities for them. Thus I’m hoping we get the benefit of both worlds.

My only concern with this half charter cruise is that there are still spots available. If they are having trouble selling out a half a ship, I wonder if they would be inclined to do another cruise in the future? Perhaps it’s too soon to think about that, but the thought of this cruise becoming an annual event gets me really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment